I have been living in the Netherlands for quite a while. I have seen, heard and done a lot of things and I want to put them down in writing for myself and share them.

After mulling about this idea and retaining topics to write in my head (yes, the most spacious hard disk and the best hard disk ever, provided you're not forgetful), finally this blog comes to life on 21st of January 2010 at 15.13 local time.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gratis geiten af te halen

Ik moest gewoon lachen toen ik de advertentie las...
I just had to laugh when I read the advertisement...

One day I was just so bored that I decided to surf marktplaats to see if there was anything interesting. I surfed to dieren (animals) and put gratis (free) as a search term. Who knows... maybe somebody is offering a free puppy. Then I came across this advertisement. After my disbelief subsided, I just had to laugh. Someone was offering free goats because he was moving out to another place (I wonder if he had a farm or the goats were pets). Yes, free goats with horns and all that. That is something we would never really hear of in Indonesia. You might get a goat from someone you know, but somebody offering free goats to anyone who wants them is not exactly common in Indonesia.
I know the Dutch like free things but free goats... this is quite unusual.
Hmm... I wonder if the advertiser could really get rid of his goats. If not, i wonder what would happen to the goats.

Note: Marktplaats is a very well-known website in the Netherlands. Ask any Dutch person and chances are he/she will know about this website and has probably even used it.

Created at 16.01 local time.

2 comments:

  1. I also want to laugh when someone offers a free goats, rather than the usual pet..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also knew this website from a Dutch CS when I asked about a second hand Dutch traditional dress hehehe....

    ReplyDelete